Monday, July 7, 2014

Birthday Babe











 Violet and I had our picture taken a little later that night!  Couldn't miss my opportunity with the birthday lady!

Oh my little Violet is 1!  We celebrated with family.  Grammie and Papa, the Reese family, Anna and LT, Kyle and Sarah, Grandma Sloan, and Sylvia all came to watch the baby eat her cake.  I decorated in a Farmer's Market theme, and we ate pasta salad,  caprese salad,  homemade breads and a peach and raspberry trifle alongside the traditional 1st birthday carrot cake.  Her sisters loved helping her open her gifts, and oohhhhed and aaaahhhed over her name plaque, new clothes and little mouse ride on toy.  First birthday's are always super sentimental, and this time just as much if not more so.  I kept thinking, have I really thrown five 1st birthday parties?  I remember the details and excitement of each one so vividly.  Violet is crawling like a speed demon, but I think it will be a bit longer before she ventures out on two legs! :)  She is still crazy for her mama, and trust me, the feeling is mutual!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I love seeing your lovely pictures of your beautiful children. Looks like you are all enjoying a busy and fun summer!

dixonfamily said...

What a beautiful little one year old!! Happy Birthday Violet!!

Bailey Family said...

That baby girl is just delicious! I love her. The mouse ride on toy looks amazing! Where do you find such awesome things???

Tish said...

Happiest of happy birthdays to Violet <3

I so love your children :)

Christy said...

what a little sweetie. is she really already a year old? that is just plain crazy. i so wish we were neighbors with you painters!