Saturday, August 20, 2011

BHG

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
While in Des Moines for the State Fair, we toured the Better Homes and Gardens office and test kitchens.
Thanks to Kelly, my (second) cousin, who is the editor for Diabetic Living Magazine, we showed up late Saturday afternoon and peeked around an empty building.
My favorite parts...
*the big and luxurious kitchen all ready for a photoshoot
*the test kitchens, full of ingredients and recipes and looking like a fun place to be
*catching a glimpse into people's offices and seeing evidence of creativity
*those gardening goodies all disheveled in boxes but looking beautiful nonetheless
*listening to all the details...from the grocery buyer, to the recipe testers, stylists, photographers and editors...I couldn't decide which job might be my favorite!
*loved seeing each Meredith corp magazine, and the room where the magazine layouts were being worked on...so so cool.
Pretty, pretty, pretty around every corner.

6 comments:

Lora said...

a dream come true!

How I wish those creative juices ran through my body so I could do a job like that! As for now, I am loving (and drooling) over all the great photos!

Thanks for sharing!!

Isaura said...

So awesome!! I thought you were going to say they did a makeover at your home or something. How fun! I would love to do a tour like that some day

Christy said...

when i first started looking i thought these pictures were of your kitchen and i thought, "oh wow, tara is soooo lucky!" :) how cool to be able to tour this!

Barbara said...

So cool! I didn't know there was a local office close by! How fun!!

Jill Revell said...

what a fun trip/tour! jealous for sure!

Lori Garcia said...

I can't describe how jealous I am!