Saturday, July 2, 2011

summer summer summer

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Summer is absolutely flying by.
Our days are full and I love the sound of our home...busy.
Making smores in the car happened on the hottest day of the year thus far.
They were wrapped in foil, placed on the dashboard, and wah-lah...
15 minutes later, ready to eat.
Of course campfire tastes best, microwave melts marshmallows better,
but the novelty of making them in the car? Tops them all.
Photobucket
Not all summer days are easy.
(especially when you're emotional/pregnant and your husband works late every single summer night)
(especially when grocery shopping, visiting teaching and cleaning bathrooms have to happen on the same day...with children in tow)
(especially when you're driving kids to camps, sitting through 2 hour gymnastic practices with small boys, and trying to keep track of 3 novice swimmers in the pool on a weekly basis...by yourself)
(especially when you're....oh wait, am I complaining?)
Anyway.
A thoughtful note left on my pillow did wonders for my moral and energy level.
And also reminded me that I am hardly, hardly alone in my endeavors.

8 comments:

Lora said...

smores in a car? ha ha we'll have to be trying that one!
I am amazed that you are able to do all that you do and be as positive as you are! You are truly one of the best examples I have in my life-and although that sounds cheesy it's absolutely true! You are an amazing mother, and wife and man are you talented!
I really wish I were there to help out-I've actually thought a lot about you lately! I'd be bringing over mint lemonade and some blue peppermint oil to rub your hands and feet! Hang in there-she's almost here!!
xo

Isaura said...

such a cute idea with the smores. i bet your kids just loved it. you are sucha fun mom!
we've had some dog days of summer ourselves. i'm glad june has come and is long, long gone.

Tish said...

<3

Holbrook's said...

Keep up the great work, you are an inspiration to so many that you don't even know.

Tiffany said...

Way to find something positive about this heat!!!!! I agree, this summer is flying by. Your kids are lucky they have such a fun mom. When are you due by the way?!?!?!?

Angela Muir said...

Oh man. The summer- its such a bittersweet season with a husband in the pest control industry isn't it?

It could be worse... you could have an infant which prevents you from going to the pool and then you wouldn't have a tan. its such a bummer. :)

Christy said...

i so remember those summer sales summers! hang in there, girl! i loved your post-- keeping it real but you still are so positive. and we will definitely have to try those smores in the car. i bet they'd be done in 30 seconds here in arizona. let's just say i'm experiencing all kinds of... er... thermal shock. :)

Jill Revell said...

I bet you are so glad you're living near family! Smores in a car! Awesome!

Can't wait to see baby pics!