Sunday, July 5, 2009

EXTRA! EXTRA!



Two things.
*
Today, I have been married for 7 years.
*
Also, David (and his new business) was featured in an article that ran in the Sunday paper last week. (click here for the link)
And although these don't seem related, and maybe it's unromantic to mention pest control and your wedding anniversary in the same post, it got me thinking.
*
Life is full of experiences that cause you to exclaim, "I can't believe I'm DOING this!"
For example, when I was "Betty Body" in the 4th grade play. I stood on the stage in my spandex outfit sewed by my mother and held the microphone waiting for the music to start so I could sing and dance to my solo. I clearly remember thinking, "I can't believe I'm DOING this!"
*
I thought the same thing as I drove away for college, headed to a school and a state where I literally knew NO ONE.
*
Partnership could be my favorite aspect of being married to David. Because included in our mortal experience, we each have moments that are intimidating, remarkable, painful, and miraculous. It's comforting to share those with your spouse.
*
In our marriage there have been many opportunities to grow our relationship. Starting this new business is certainly one of them. "I can't believe we're DOING THIS!"
*
Last Sunday I stood outside of QuickTrip and sifted through the sections to find his article. I beamed with pride, I squealed out loud as I read, and I glanced up to look at David when I finished. Our eyes locked and I could tell that he was mostly enjoying how enthusiastic I was.
*
I am his biggest fan, and he is mine.
*
I couldn't imagine it any other way.

10 comments:

Zach 'n' Jack said...

you guys are the most amazing couple - i totally look up to you two for an incredible example of a truly celestial marriage. Congrats on the anniversary and the article!! Love and miss you all!

Nicole said...

Happy Anniversary! You truly have an amazing family and they are blessed to have you!

Anonymous said...

YAY for the two of you!!! One, for Dave doing such an awesome job starting his own business and you having so much faith in him and holding down the fort while he's gone and Two, for still being sooooooo in love!! Happy Anniversary you guys. We are so happy you moved back!!!

Jill Revell said...

That is awesome your business was in the paper! And congrats on your 7th anniversary. You guys are just too cute.

Christy said...

yah! way to go on the seven years and the article. don't you love those "i can't believe i'm doing this" moments? crazy how life turns out. good luck with it all. you guys are awesome!

Lora said...

how fantastic on the paper and your anniversary! Life is good!

dixonfamily said...

Happy Anniversary!! I love how supportive you guys are of each other! What a blessing to be married to your best friend! Can't beat that. Congrats on everything new and exciting that is going on in your lives!

Isaura said...

what a wonderful journey for you and your little family!!! sounds like you've got lots more to look forward to. i admire small business owners just because i don't think i could handle it. i would be a ball of stress.
what a great way to celebrate an anniversary..seeing your hard work come to life in the paper! congrats.

Missy said...

Sorry for comment overload - I read mostly on google reader and then forget to comment until I realize it. Anyway - this is quite possibly my favorite post on your blog. The pure genuine-ness of it. Congrats, congrats. You two are beautiful

Knowles Family said...

We are so happy for you and so proud of you! Back in January a friend of mine gave a lesson in RS about dealing with trials. She and I talked about how you have deal with all of the manure(sp?) life hands you in order to see all of the pretty flowers and taste all of the sweet fruits. So true! We're so glad you are seeing the "fruits" of your labor! We hope the manure made them extra sweet for you and the harvest keeps coming!!