Sunday, December 2, 2007

Margaret


We've been friends since she moved to Kansas City in 7th grade. Our degrees are in education. We got married one month apart. We bought our first homes at the same time. We each keep shoe boxes of every letter we wrote to each other in 8th and 9th grade. We're both blonds...by nature. We know ALL the boyfriends and crushes (and good and bad dates) that led to our husbands. Girls camp, family vacations, high school dances, youth conferences, freshman algebra, temple sealings, we did those things together. We have common history. But for me, what makes her friendship so spectacular is that she makes me better. She inspires me with her world travels, creative teaching, loving marriage and sincere desire to help others. Margaret surprised me with her visit. While David was out of town she came to play for a week. We shopped and ate yummy desserts and talked until all hours of the night...just like old times. She left today and despite the lack of sleep, I feel awesome, rejuvenated, peaceful. I have new goals because of her...like getting to the temple more often, and doing the BOM challenge again. Margaret is the best kind of friend there is...constant and forever...friend.

5 comments:

Zach 'n' Jack said...

yeah for best buds!! I'm glad you had an awesome week with your friend - and hope you have many more years of awesome memories to come!!

Court and Britt said...

what a great friend!! friendship like that doesn't come along everyday!!

Bailey Family said...

Not fair! You made me tear up. Thank you for being my friend (wait, wasn't that the theme song for the "Golden Girls"?? Oh well! Much love,
Margaret

*K*R*I*S*T*Y* said...

Wow, will Margaret be MY friend??How fun for you, I would LOVE to have a week like that!I picture you two holding hands and skipping down the streets of hillsboro to the tune of "so happy together"

K2 said...

Thanks for being a great friend to my sister. You were always the one she could count on and I really think that you two were meant to be friends. I love you guys and miss you tons!